Saturday, July 01, 2006

Photos from Nagaland

Thought it will be less boring if I share using photos and writing little commentaries on the bottom! =)


Kohima, Nagaland, India- where we spent 7 days... it's actually considered really short for a mission trip. Nevertheless, learned loads and I will attempt to share it in the blog. Kohima is a city set on a hill, where stars are abundant at night. We truly see the magnitude of God's promise to Abraham when He said that Abraham's descendents will be as numerous as the stars in the sky. It never fails to amaze me! I wish we had that kind of sky in Singapore... I was trying SO hard to find the only constellation I can remember from my Astro class- the Orion, and I actually COULDN'T find it!!! Haha...



The gals on the team: (From left) myself (not a super flattering picture.. hehe), Naro's mum (Super cool, funny and loving lady who makes us feel so at ease putting up at her place), Betty (who hates taking pictures), Naro (our beloved host and wonderful sister in Christ), Shu'En (Baby-as known by Naro's mum)

All the students who attended our afternoon talks and workshops at City Church. They were the faithful 20 students who came for every single talk and sat through everything! Though it was a small crowd, it was amazing how God is the same everywhere, in Kohima and in Singapore. We would think that since we grow up in such different cultural backgrounds that we probably have nothing much in common. But after interacting with them for the short number of days, I realized that the struggles that we all face as Christians are essentially the same, just disguised under a different facade. Boy girl relationship problems, struggles with career choice, wanting to do well in studies, alcoholism, inter-racial marriage objections etc. It really boils down to the same sinful human self that we all have in wanting to rule over our own lives instead of letting God rule over us... I led a workshop on "Small Group Basics" on the 4th day. It was quite nerve wrecking, but they loooked like they understood what I was trying to say and some of them looked at me intently and nodding... it was really encouraging when some of them came up to me afterwards and told me that it was an interesting session. Just hope that we will all be convicted by God's Word that we all need to nudge one another along in this long race of perseverance!

More to come later! Sorry there's no sequence to it... just random thoughts and photos. Will try to post pictures that capture the essence of the work there!

No comments: